We engineer our Yellow Label tents principally to be lightweight. Intended for use in warmer climates and in snow-free conditions, these models have inner tents with large mesh panels which cannot be covered, and shorter outer tent walls. This ensures they have superb warm-weather venting, but can also make them feel cold in cooler conditions. Yellow Label models are perfect for long or short trips in more protected terrain, but, while they do have remarkable strength, their lighter weight materials and their design make them less than ideal for fully exposed or high altitude terrain or far removed adventures.
Yellow Label tents are constructed with our lightest materials:
- Our Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric, which has a 10 kg/22 lb tear strength.
- 9 mm poles with secured ball end tips.
- 2 mm guy lines.
- Our lightest inner tent and floor fabrics.
- Lightweight zippers.
- Tri-Pegs, our lightest pegs.
Yellow Label tents are designed to be very light and to provide comfort appropriate to use in warmer climates and/or snowfree conditions:
- Outer tent does not go all the way to the ground for 3 season only protection and air flow.
- Different length poles reduce weight
- Outer tent can be lowered on one side/raised on the other to increase protection on the weather side.
- Large mesh panels provide excellent airflow, and encourage the venting from the space between the outer tent and the ground.